THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter
- Employment Application
(available at https://weta.sanfranciscobayferry.com/employment)
Under the brand San Francisco Bay Ferry (SFBF), the San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA) operates six routes serving the cities of Alameda, Oakland, San Francisco, South San Francisco, Vallejo, and Richmond. WETA has a small administrative staff and contracts with a private sector contractor to operate and maintain its current fleet of 15 passenger-only vessels. A description of SFBF services and operations is available at www.sanfranciscobayferry.com.
WETA seeks a highly organized and customer service oriented individual to perform technical professional level and administrative financial responsibilities and to provide support in other assignments as needed to meet the mission of the agency. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent will perform intermediate to complex professional accounting work in preparation, processing and maintenance of accounting, budgetary, financial, and payroll records and documents using financial and accounting software. The position requires that the incumbent work independently in carrying out assignments and demonstrate independent decision making in applying GAAP, GASB, and WETA policies and practices to accomplish a wide variety of accounting, financial and administrative support tasks.
- Maintain accounting and financial records in accordance with GAAP/GASB, policies, and procedures
- Participate in internal and external audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting and compliance with GAAP/GASB, policies, and procedures
- Complete accounting operations that roll up to production of monthly financial statements
- Prepare and post journal entries, reconcile accounts, prepare grant billings and manage grant accounting function, produce reports, bank deposits, and other related tasks and projects
- Participate in annual budget preparation and determine reasons for variances of actual expenditures and revenues to budget
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and make suggestions for revisions to improve financial controls
- Review invoices/progress payment requests against agreements/contracts and purchase orders to ensure accuracy and proper approvals
- Determine reasonableness of amounts, account codes, and compliance with agency policy
- Check to ensure expenses are allowable according to state and federal guidelines.
- Issue checks and prepare ACH/wire payments to vendors
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to accounting and finance from WETA staff, outside agencies, vendors, and customers