Hennepin County Library (HCL) is looking for an experienced financial manager to lead the Library’s budgeting and financial management strategies. HCL is one of the premier urban libraries in the country with an annual operating budget of over $80 million and over 500 FTEs working in locations throughout the county.
This position would be great for someone who is well-versed in all aspects of financial management:
- Financial forecasting
- Budget formulation and justification
- Accounting concepts, principles and policies
- Audit concepts, principles and policies
- Internal Controls
- Grant management
Location and hours:
- This position is located at 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305. This position will work remote until at least March 31, 2021.
About the position type:
- This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Oversee and direct the management of Hennepin County Library financial operations; work with leaders of the organization in developing its budget and managing its finances.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with other county departments, outside vendors, and government agencies.
- Represent the department to the County Board, County Administrator and the Hennepin County Library Board.
- Develop, recommend, and implement new tools, policies and procedures affecting department initiatives.
- Manage accounts and funds using Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) accounting principles.
- Provide management to a member staff of accountants, contract managers, and other staff; monitor performance, motivate, assure adherence to county and department policies and build an effective team.
- Support and encourage employee engagement by sharing ideas around continuous improvement and innovation to enhance the work environment and departmental outcomes.
Need to have:
One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration or other field appropriate to the position and six years or more of program administration experience in government or an organization closely related to government preferred.
- Ten years or more of program administration experience in government or an organization closely related to government preferred.
Five years or more of work experience with government budgeting and GASB accounting principles.
- Budget preparation and evaluation.
- Internal controls.
- Accounting and finance software such as PeopleSoft ERP and IBM Planning Analytics.
- Preparing, managing, and presenting a complex annual operating budget.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with staff, managers, boards, and vendors.
- Work as part of a senior management team.
About the department:
Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich Hennepin County residents.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials to be considered for this position.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.
If you have any questions, please contact: