Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy (BUDGET)
The Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy advises GFOA and recommends policies in budgeting, management, and related public finance areas not addressed by other GFOA committees. The committee actively promotes the professionalism of budget practitioners through the development of best practices and researching various initiatives. In meeting these responsibilities, the committee serves as a forum for the exchange of information about emerging issues, concepts, and techniques in public budgeting and management.
Members of the BUDGET Committee
GFOA's BUDGET Committee is made up of 25 practitioners, five advisors, and two ex-officio members of the GFOA Executive Board.
GFOA Policy Statements
Policy statements are developed by the GFOA standing committees, approved by the GFOA Executive Board
Understanding Financing Options Used for Public Infrastructure
This report provides an overview of tax-exempt bond and other financings used by state and local governments and entities.
GFOA's Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy is one of seven standing committees. Other GFOA committees include:
- Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting Committee (ACCOUNTING)
- Committee on Canadian Issues (CCI)
- Committee on Governmental Debt Management (DEBT)
- Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning (CEDCP)
- Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration (CORBA)
- Committee on Treasury and Investment Management (TIM)