The Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting Committee assists public finance officers in their efforts to utilize sound auditing and accounting standards and produce transparent financial reports on the health of state and local finance activities. The committee works closely with the GASB, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and other organizations and recommends best practices for effective government finance operations.
Members of the Accounting Committee
GFOA's Accounting Committee is made up of 25 practitioners, five advisors, and two ex-officio members of the GFOA Executive Board.
GFOA Policy Statements
Policy statements are developed by the GFOA standing committees, approved by the GFOA Executive Board
Understanding Financing Options Used for Public Infrastructure
This report provides an overview of tax-exempt bond and other financings used by state and local governments and entities.
GFOA's Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting Committee is one of seven standing committees. Other GFOA committees include:
- Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy (BUDGET)
- Committee on Canadian Issues (CCI)
- Committee on Governmental Debt Management (DEBT)
- Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning (CEDCP)
- Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration (CORBA)
- Committee on Treasury and Investment Management (TIM)