As the role of local government continues to evolve, the finance officer is frequently being put in the unfamiliar position of leading economic development projects. In addition, it is becoming increasingly important for governments to consider development issues as they prepare and execute their long-term capital plans. These trends have prompted the executive board to create the Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning, whose mission is "to assist finance officers to become knowledgeable participants in planning, evaluation, and execution of community/economic development and capital issues through the drafting and promotion of policies, procedures, and best practices."
Members of the CEDCP Committee
GFOA's CEDCP Committee is made up of 25 practitioners, four advisors, and two ex-officio members of the GFOA Executive Board.
GFOA Policy Statements
Policy statements are developed by the GFOA standing committees, approved by the GFOA Executive Board
Understanding Financing Options Used for Public Infrastructure
This report provides an overview of tax-exempt bond and other financings used by state and local governments and entities.
GFOA's Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning is one of seven standing committees. Other GFOA committees include:
- Committee on Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (CAAFR)
- Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy (BUDGET)
- Committee on Canadian Issues (CCI)
- Committee on Governmental Debt Management (DEBT)
- Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration (CORBA)
- Committee on Treasury and Investment Management (TIM)