DEI Commitment Statement
We value diversity and strive to create an environment where each community, colleague, and member feels welcomed, respected, valued, and a sense of belonging in our network, and is equipped to instill the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into their workplaces and policies.
Together, we aspire to establish trust in government through public service that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive to build strong and healthy communities.
What do we mean by DIVERSITY?
What do we mean by EQUITY?
What do we mean by INCLUSION?
DEI Immediate Priorities
As we begin, we've identified some first steps that will help build the foundation of this initiative.
GFOA's Racial Equity Task Force
Learn more about what GFOA is doing internally as it relates to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Progress on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion since 2020
- GFOA scholarship for minority students
- Identified diversity as part of selection criteria for GFOA Executive Board
- Intentional effort to recruit diverse volunteers for GFOA committees, trainers, speakers, and appointed representatives
Understanding Current Diversity
- Effort to measure diverse candidates as part of application process
- Effort to measure diversity of GFOA membership
GFOA formed partnerships with National Forum for Black Public Administrators and Local Government Hispanic Network to further diversity goals.
Amended GFOA Bylaws to include DEI
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
GFOA will promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) in the government finance profession, and within GFOA, and the Executive Board, or its designee(s), may from time to time adopt policies to further those goals.