GFOA’s Fourth Annual Hero Award
GFOA’s mission is to advance excellence in government finance. Our values-based Code of Ethics is at the core of all that we do, and we are committed to building thriving communities. We work to support our members so that they can better serve their communities. We are constantly inspired by the roles our members play to lift up their communities while keeping their organizations running smoothly.
Nominate a GFOA Hero
Government finance officers work on many types of projects from finance to risk management and collaborate with various teams to improve their communities. The past year has been challenging and complex as we continue to navigate a global health crisis, natural disasters, social unrest, cyberattacks, economic uncertainty, retirements and resignations, and more. GFOA is grateful to its members who work tirelessly through such hardships by building resilience and leading their organizations on a path to recovery and relief.
We seek nominations of such champions for GFOA’s Fourth Annual Hero Award, which recognizes finance officers who have demonstrated extraordinary actions beyond their normal duties during a time of health, financial, natural, or human-made crisis.
Award recipients will be recognized at the annual business meeting of GFOA’s 116th Annual Conference in Austin, Texas (conference registration, hotel, and travel expenses will be complimentary).
- Recognition will be given in honor of demonstrated leadership beyond normal duties during a time of health, financial, natural, or human-made crisis.
- Nominees must be GFOA active government members.
- A team composed of GFOA’s Executive Board members will review the applications and choose the recipients.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- The application deadline is April 8, 2022.