All education including our traditional one and two hour webinars, new multi-day courses, GAAP update, and any other education will have an attendee entry point in GFOA's Learning Management System (LMS).
What does this mean?
- Attendees will receive email reminders from the LMS (currently set at 10, 5, 1 days out) that they are registered. The reminders will contain links that will take them directly to the course.
- Course material will be posted in the LMS only.
- CPE will be captured and verified by the system. Attendees can view the credits earned in their transcript and print their certificates (if they desire).
- All registrants will have access to an archive recording of their registered sessions within 24 hours of the recording. If an attendee missed a training when it aired live or want to watch again, they may do so on-demand at their own pace.
Note: CPE can only be earned from participating in the live event and not from an archive recording.
How do I access my training and log in to the LMS?
- Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Where will I see the course?
- Once logged in, you will click on the option titled “My Learning.” This will take you to all of the courses you are registered for. Find your course and click on the title of it which will take you to the course and all of its components. When it’s time for the course to begin, click on the webinar component that will automatically authenticate you into the meeting.
Questions about CPE?
- For additional information about attaining, tracking, and printing CPE certificates, click here.
- You will receive a registration confirmation proceeded by four reminder e-mails from GFOA's LMS.
- The e-mails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please whitelist these e-mail addresses and add them to your address book to ensure delivery.
- The reminder e-mails will be sent 10 days before the course date, 5 days before the course date, 1 day before the course date, and one-hour before the course starts.
- Each reminder e-mail contains a link to access the course directly as well as a link to add the course day and time to your calendar. We encourage you to use this feature.
- If you did not receive the e-mails, please check your Spam folder first.
- If the e-mails are not in Spam, please go to the LMS and use your credentials to log in to access the course.
- Do not use Internet Explorer when accessing GFOA's LMS. For the best viewing experience, read our Web Browser FAQs.
We strongly recommend that all members register for education seminars online if possible for faster processing. If registering online, you will have the option to pay now, or pay later. If paying later, you will be prompted for a P.O. and will be invoiced for your registration. If you are unable to register online, download the education registration form to e-mail to GFOA Education. If mailing the form, please allow three weeks for processing as mail service has been delayed. Click here to read about how to register multiple people for a course and substitutions.