To apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cvwd/
THIS POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 4.9% COST OF LIVING INCREASE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2024.
SRN A32: $6,443 - $8,843 Monthly, Non-exempt
Bargaining Unit: CVWDEA
Section: Budget & Financing
Reports to: Finance Manager
Supervises the following positions: N/A
This is a professional level position responsible for a variety of high-level accounting tasks. This position is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the duties of accounting technicians and assistants. Included in these tasks are assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements, analysis of activities and account reconciliations. This position also interfaces with the independent auditors in the audit process and preparation of the annual comprehensive financial report.
- Provides responsible professional and technical assistance to the Finance Director, Controller, and other members of the finance staff in the administration and implementation of the District’s financial, auditing and accounting processes.
- May assist with grants accounting, submission of grants reimbursement requests and customized reports in conformance with grants regulations and contract terms, cost accounting reconciliations and analysis for capital and other projects, and in budget analysis, monitoring, and projections.
- Oversees and ensures the integrity of the general ledger, including evaluating and analyzing transactions, implementing accounting procedures and preparing accurate and timely financial analyses and reports.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual financial statements and notes, such as the preparation and submittal of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).
- Monitors implemented District policies related to accounting transactions, general ledger, and fixed assets to ensure compliance is maintained and performs follow up procedures when compliance is not maintained.
- Keeps immediate supervisor accurately informed of work progress, including present and potential problems and suggestions for new or improved methods of addressing such problems
- Maintains a solid working knowledge of the District’s integrated accounting system and the relationship of the multiple applications.
- Prepares and processes journal entries of both a simple and complex nature, especially related to the recording of fixed assets, investments, cash management, grants, and long- term debt.
- Reconciles and monitor’s reconciliation of accounts.
See http://www.cvwd.org/175/Job-Descriptions for full job description.
License/Certifications: Valid California Operators license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Department of Motor Vehicles driving record may influence employment or classification. Ability to maintain insurance under the District’s Vehicle Insurance Policy.
Experience: 5 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in general accounting, auditing and financial management. Experience with a utility district is desired.
Education: Completion of a bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university.