Weld County department of Finance and Administration is searching for a professional Deputy Director Finance and Administration.
$165,301 - $209,422 (starting salary commensurate with experience and qualifications)
The Deputy Director Finance and Administration is responsible for the overall financial management processes for the county under the Director of Finance and Administration. The Deputy Director Finance and Administration will expand on and develop systems for financial reporting, budgets, cash flows, and projections. This position will be responsible for presenting relevant financial documents to the Board of County Commissioners, Elected Officials and Department Heads, key personnel and others as requested. This role calls for a hands-on leader who can oversee all elements of finance, purchasing, treasury function and accounting. The incumbent is required to make analytical assumptions regarding the financial statements and assist management with important management decisions by providing requested financial reports and analyzing financial information.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA or CPA desired.
Required work experience:
- 15 years financial experience in government and/or private sector, required.
- 5 years of experience in government accounting.
- Experience working in the government environment is a preferred.
- Strong hands on technical skills (US GAAP, financial systems, FP&A, cost accounting, cash flows) with a strong operational orientation.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to present financial information to County Officials and leaders in a logical and cohesive manner.
- Experience preparing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Working knowledge of departmental internal controls and generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- The ability to motivate and appropriately train staff, supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with accounting software applications.
- Experience with a major software conversion a plus.
To view complete job announcement and to apply, use the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/weld