Location: Queen Anne's County, Centreville, MD 21617
Department: Budget, Finance & IT
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $100,000 - $135,000
Closes On: March 5, 2021 at 4:30 PM
This position functions as a member of the County’s senior leadership team by managing and directing the department personnel and the financial and budgetary functions for the County. The position is responsible for all department activities, with the primary focus of maintaining complex financial management functions, ongoing financial analysis and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable laws.
At the direction of the County Administrator, supervises subordinate managers, professionals, and administrative personnel engaged in the provision of accounting, revenue collection, budgeting, payroll, and financial functions. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance evaluation of these functions. Manages all aspects of the County’s finances.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Master’s degree in business, public administration, accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Ten years of experience with extensive knowledge of complex financial matters with at least three years involving the management of public sector finance, budgeting and management.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possession of a valid license as a Certified Public Accountant or GFOA Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) preferred.
- Possession of a Class C Maryland Motor Vehicle Operator’s License (or the equivalents from another issuing state) or the ability to obtain such a license within thirty (30) days of appointment to position..
Got to www.qac.org and click on the EMPLOYMENT link