The City of Oak Harbor is looking for an innovative team player for our Finance Manager position to fill an immediate need in our Finance Department. This is a special duty or term-limited temporary opportunity as a result of the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. This position is anticipated to end December 31, 2024, but subject to change and/or extension dependent on operational need and approved funding.
Open until filled, first review September 15, 2021.
Performs advanced level professional accounting work and manages the City’s general accounting functions, including the preparation of the city’s Annual Financial Report and coordination with the State Auditor and other auditing agencies. This position is responsible for grant management and compliance and the coordination citywide grant writing activities. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
For full posting and application please visit- https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oakharbor
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Public Administration, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Public Administration from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning is desirable.
- Certification as a CPFO or CPA is desirable.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years professional work experience in finance, accounting, grant, general ledger, budget, and internal audit experience, preferably in a government setting.
- Excellent computer operation skills and experience with a variety of software programs including Microsoft Office applications, database, customized and menu-driven programs, including accounting and ERP systems. Strong MS Excel and MS Word skills required.
- Valid Washington State driver's license or otherwise establish the ability to perform the job in an equally efficient manner without driving.
Must pass driver's abstract and background check to include credit check to be bonded.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions may be considered.