This position works as part of the Finance Department Team and reports directly to the Assistant Finance Director. This position may also be assigned intra-departmental projects within the Finance Department. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in funding process for Payroll and Accounts Payable through the City’s Bank and ensure that sufficient cash flow is available.
- Reconcile Automated Reconciliation Plan accounts monthly. Research and identify and resolve outstanding items.
- Aid in the streamlining of the revenue collection systems – communicate with City departments and Third-Party Teams to determine where support is needed.
- Aid City departments in resolving any revenue reporting issues.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual independent audit. Work with City departments to ensure a smooth close of the fiscal year.
- Assist in the processing of lockbox and electronic payment revenue during busy real estate tax seasons.
- Maintain Finance Department website.
- Various other duties as needed. Train to back up other team members in their absence.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related discipline required or equivalent combination of either education, training, and/or experience. Demonstrated successful accounting or financial experience, preferably in a public-sector organization or school district. Highly organized and detail oriented individual able to handle multiple tasks while working in both a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision. Working knowledge of computerized financial systems. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials and /or HRMS and MUNIS a plus. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word and Excel is required. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills, both written and verbal required. The City of Cambridge’s workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
RATE: $52,438 – $64,033 annually + excellent benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit both your resume and cover letter by 8 pm on 05/23/22 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312.
We are an AA/EEO Employer.