At Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans (MCERP), futures are made. Our plans are currently valued at $7.3 billion in net assets. Our County offers five different retirement plans, serving approximately 9500 active employees and 6500 retirees. Our inclusive team does the inspiring work of impacting retirees’ lives for the better, as we manage the administration, compliance, and financial reporting for our plans. Here, you will thrive in an energizing and flexible environment, as you help lead our future and grow your career.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
MCERP is seeking a Financial Compliance Analyst (Performance Management Data Analyst) who will be responsible for the accounting and compliance monitoring of the assets of the Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans.
You will be:
- Accounting and reporting for the four retirement plan trust funds and the retiree health benefits trust.
- Reviewing retirement benefit calculations to ensure compliance with county codes.
- Analyzing and researching complex accounting/financial issues and preparing written/oral reports addressing issues related to the retirement plans.
- Preparing work papers, schedules, exhibits and summaries to support audit findings.
WHO WE ARE SEEKING
- You have a background in the Accounting and Financial industry.
- You have expertise in analyzing and researching data.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are a self-starter and are motivated.\
- You have excellent attention to detail.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a medical history review, criminal background and credit history check prior to appointment. Criminal and credit history will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
This vacancy may be filled at the Grade 21, Grade 25 or Grade 28 Performance Management and Data Analyst levels. Salary offered to candidates will be based on Grade level of job offer.
- Grade 28: $77,035 - $128,483
- Grade 25: $67,156 - $111,407
- Grade 21: $55,771 - $92,211
MCG TOTAL REWARDS COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
- Paid Leave (Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Personal Days, Holidays)
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage)
- Group Term Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (healthcare, childcare, commuter transit)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Pay
- Credit Union
- Tuition Assistance/Professional Development
- Retirement Plans with generous employer match
- Work Life Balance
- Free Parking
- Free County Ride-on Bus Pass
Experience: Professional experience performing data analysis and interpretation, program evaluation, and/or process improvement in an academic, data administration or business data analytics environment.
For Grade 28 level, we require four (4) years of experience.
For Grade 25 level, we require three (3) years of experience.
For Grade 21 level, we require two (2) years of experience.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
Equivalency: (1) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. (2) Possession of a graduate degree in one of the above fields may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
Montgomery County Government offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
click on the “Search Jobs" tab, and then on the Job Search link
Read the full job description under the “General Professional” Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
The requisition number is IRC50965
This Recruitment will remain open until position is filled
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips listed under the “How to Apply” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.