We recognize that COVID-19 is disrupting normal government operations and may affect members’ ability to submit timely applications for GFOA’s award programs. We will approve extensions of the submission deadlines for those that need more time. Please submit the extension request form so we can record your extension in our system.
The GFOA established the Popular Annual Financial Reporting Awards Program (PAFR Program) in 1991 to encourage and assist state and local governments to extract information from their comprehensive annual financial report to produce high quality popular annual financial reports specifically designed to be readily accessible and easily understandable to the general public and other interested parties without a background in public finance and then to recognize individual governments that are successful in achieving that goal.
- 2018 Program Results | For Fiscal Years Ended in 2017 (NEW)
- 2017 Program Results | For Fiscal Years Ended in 2016
- 2016 Program Results | For Fiscal Years Ended in 2015
- 2015 Program Results | For Fiscal Years Ended in 2014
Popular annual financial reports submitted to the PAFR Program are reviewed by selected members of the GFOA professional staff and by outside reviewers with experience in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
Information for participants and potential participants:
- Eligibility requirements
- How to submit a PAFR
- Application Form (UPDATED - April 1, 2019)
- Requests for an extension of the submission deadline
- Judging process
Information for reviewers and potential reviewers: