Accounting and Financial Reporting for Investments
Accounting and financial reporting professionals with at least two years of governmental experience, and investment professionals interested in understanding the accounting for investments
Field of Study
Accounting — Governmental
Accounting and Financial Reporting
Offered as a Group-Live Class
The course will take a comprehensive look at the common investment instruments, including the accounting and required note disclosures for financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The materials will familiarize the participants with a variety of investment instruments, the purpose and the risks associated with each type of instrument, the process for valuing an investment, and the relevant accounting and note disclosures.
Those who successfully complete this seminar should be able to:
- Identify the common investment instruments utilized by governments
- Understand the purpose and risks associated with each instrument
- Identify the various approaches and techniques for valuing investments
- Understand the process for determining fair value
- Identify the appropriate accounting and note disclosures for investments
Who Will Benefit
Schedule and Sample Agenda
This course is taught by finance officers and other industry experts.