September 24, 2020
2 p.m.-4 p.m. ET
- Field of Study: Management Services
- Credits: 2
- Prerequisite: None
Many governments accept credit and debit card payments for the variety of taxes and fees imposed on citizens and users. In the public sector there are a variety of special considerations that must be addressed if governments wish to accept credit and debit cards as payment methods.
Some of the key considerations related to accepting credit and debit cards include:
- Whether cards can be accepted for all or some government services
- Understanding the costs and rules that are in place for governments to accept credit/debit cards
- Managing upgrades and opportunities presented through technology changes
In addition, governments must be aware of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security requirements and the general fraud and security risks associated with accepting credit cards.
This session will provide attendees with insights from industry experts, case studies, and discussion questions focused on the numerous issues related to accepting credit and debit card payments that are in play for governments of all sizes and types.
- Member Price: $85.00
- Non-member Price: $160.00