July 18, 2023
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CT
July 19, 2023
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CTGFOA Training Center
203 N LaSalle Street, Suite 2700
- Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
- Credits: 16.00
- Prerequisite: GFOA’s Accounting Academy, Government Accounting Intensive Series, or an equivalent program.
- Status: This event has availability.
This seminar is designed to provide participants with a solid working knowledge of specialized accounting and financial reporting used by state and local governments for selected topics.
Who Will Benefit: CFO/Finance Director, Controller, Accountant
- Those who successfully complete this series should gain a basic understanding of the appropriate governmental accounting and financial reporting related to:
- Investments and grants
- Joint ventures, majority equity interests, and similar arrangements
- Sales and pledges of receivables and future revenues
- Government combinations and transfers of operations
- Risk financing
- Fiduciary activities
- Irrevocable split interest agreements
- Conversion and consolidation
- Environmental obligations - Landfills, pollution remediation, and asset retirement obligations
- Common deficiencies found in comprehensive annual financial reports
- Member Price: $705.00
- Non-member Price: $960.00