January 23, 2024
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. ETGrand Hyatt DC
1000 H Street
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Field of Study: Finance
- Credits: 8.00
- Prerequisite: None
- Status: This event has availability.
When we talk about developing a budget that supports a thriving community, we often spend most of our time and energy thinking about the expenditure side of the equation: what are the local government’s priorities and goals and how much is it going to spend to achieve those goals? The revenue side of the equation is just as important to building a strong financial foundation that supports a thriving community, though. In this course, learn how to evaluate your local government’s revenue portfolio using the five pillars of the Financial Foundations Framework.
Please note that this course is not focused on the technical aspects of forecasting revenue.
Who Will Benefit: CFO/Finance Director or Treasurer
- Identify the five pillars of the Financial Foundations Framework
- Understand how developing and implementing fair revenue policies contributes to a thriving community and better trust in government
- Learn how to build a more resilient and more diverse revenue portfolio
- Learn the essential components of effective revenue policies
- Learn how to evaluate your revenue sources
- Learn innovative approaches to enhancing existing sources of revenue and developing new sources of revenue
- Member Price: $400.50
- Non-member Price: $598.50