Austin Energy is more than just a power company. We are 1,700 of your friends and neighbors with a mission to safely deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As a community-owned utility, we’re not-for-profit enterprise of the City of Austin that is focused on driving customer value in energy services. At Austin Energy, we are determined to use innovative technology to build a better Austin and to lead the way for clean, affordable energy.
This position manages professional accounting staff and oversees the daily accounting and reporting functions for the Utility under the following: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), budget-basis, FERC, and regulatory accounting guidelines.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to accounting, which included twenty-four (24) semester hours in Accounting, plus
- Six (6) years of accounting experience, one (1) year of which included a lead capacity and one (1) year of which included a managing capacity.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or a five (5) year Accounting degree, may substitute for one (1) year of accounting experience requirement.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Licensed CPA in the State of Texas
- Experience managing a professional accounting team
- Experience managing GAAP-based financial reporting
- Experience managing the accounting close cycle and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience managing an external audit
- Experience researching accounting topics, implementing accounting standards, and presenting recommendations/guidance to senior management and staff