Under general supervision, the Accounting Supervisor performs advanced complex, professional financial analysis and accounting functions involving the preparation and maintenance financial records and reports for various City accounts and funds in conformance with general and governmental accounting practices, policies, and procedures; supervises, trains, and evaluates the work of other accounting staff; and performs other related duties as assigned.
This position belongs to the Manhattan Beach Mid-Management Employees Association which a generous benefit package includes:
- Retirement - CalPERS 2% @55 formula for classic members; 2% @ 62 formula for new members. City does not participate in Social Security.
- Health Insurance - CalPERS Medical and Delta Dental Plans available; city contribution for medical coverage for employee and dependents up to $2,132 per month plus additional $70 per month for dental coverage or cash back; City paid vision plan for employees and eligible dependents.
- Deferred Compensation - ICMA-RC 457 plan available; city contributes 4.5% of monthly compensation to a 401 (a) plan.
- General Leave - up to 280 hours per year with 10+ years of service; 120 hours per year may be cashed out. Full-time services with other Public Agencies may be counted towards years of service for leave accrual. City recognizes 11 paid holidays per year.
- Disability Insurance - City-paid coverage for Long Term Disability plan that pays 60% of salary after 60-day waiting period; optional Short Term Disability plan available.
For more benefits information, please visit our website at www.manhattanbeach.gov
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is required.
A minimum of four (4) years of responsible professional accounting is required, with at least three (3) years in Government Accounting experience, including at least two (2) years of supervisory or lead responsibility.
Municipal finance and general accounting experience is highly desirable.
This recruitment remains Open until Filled. All applicants will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Candidates will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified on the basis of experience, training and education, as submitted, will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job announcement does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. The selection process may be changed as deemed necessary by the City Human Resources Department.
The selection process will consist of the following component and weight: Oral Interview (100%)
If you need special assistance in the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources Department at (310) 802-5258.