The Budget Reporting Specialist is a professional position reporting directly to the Director of Budget. The incumbent will initiate and implement the reporting responsibilities as established in the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future, as well as other annual reporting responsibilities as determined by the Director of Budget. The Budget Reporting Specialist will act as the fiscal services liaison with other FCPS departments to ensure accurate financial data.
Reporting directly to the Director of Budget, the Reporting Specialist performs the following duties (but are not limited to):
- Work with the fiscal services division and Blueprint Implementation Coordinator to support establishment of a timeline of all new reporting requirements for the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future
- Compile, verify, and complete all financial reporting required by the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future
- Act as the liaison and provide fiscal details required for Blueprint reporting to other FCPS departments
- Compile, verify, and complete annual financial reports, including the MSDE Technology Report, etc.
- Coordinate and complete of Maryland Department of Legislative Services request for fiscal notes, working with FCPS departments
- Monitor and evaluate non-salary budget to expenditures for year-end operating budget fund balance
- Complete detailed financial analysis using PeopleSoft-Financials and EXCEL to provide useful reporting to various stakeholders with differing degrees of financial expertise.
- Assist grant managers/coordinators with the completion of grant required financial reports, verifying the data provided is accurate and appropriate.
- Respond to financial reporting requests from the Board, and state and local agencies.