Do you thrive in Utility Billings & Bank Reconciliation?
City of Sebastopol WANTS YOU!
The City of Sebastopol is NOW accepting Applications for an ACCOUNTANT
Salary: $6,590 - $8,010 Monthly
$3,042 - $3,697 Biweekly
Plus an outstanding benefits package
4/10 Work Schedule
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Sebastopol is seeking a skilled, dynamic, results-driven Accountant to fill one full-time vacancy. The Accountant performs a variety of complex and technical financial accounting and program support duties in the areas of utility billing, bank reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, purchasing, project accounting, fixed assets, and general ledger. Additionally, the Accountant may be assigned to perform all functions related to and serve as a City resource for one or more accounting related programs administration.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional accounting experience; municipal accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- License and Certifications: The ability to transport oneself from one work location to another in a timely manner as required for meetings, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
- The City of Sebastopol is located in Sonoma County, a region that produces the majority of the world supply of Gravenstein apples a significant volume of grapes used to curate high quality wines. Sebastopol is also the gateway to the popular Russian River and it's surrounding redwood forests, as well as Bodega and Jenner's coastal recreation areas. Whether you live, work or play here; or even if you are just passing through, you are a part of our community, and we welcome you.
The City of Sebastopol provides an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
- Choice of Kaiser or REMIF Anthem Blue Cross Health Insurance for employee and dependents.
- Choice of Kaiser or REMIF Anthem Blue Cross Health Ins. for employee and dependents
- Employer contributes 100% Kaiser premium. Employee pays premium difference for Blue Cross
- Payment in Lieu of Health Care Premiums: For an employee who can provide the City with proof of medical insurance and who chooses not to participate in the Citysponsored medical insurance plan, the City agrees to pay an in-lieu
- Employer contributes 100% Dental and Vision Benefits
- Life Ins. - $50,000 for employee. Increased coverage may be purchased by employee.
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Ins. - 60% of salary for employee. Benefit is non- taxable income.
- PERS Pension Plan: 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members (hired after 01/01/13) or 2% @ 55 for Classic Members (transferred from another agency within 6 months).
- Deferred Compensation Plans.
- Worker’s Compensation benefits.
- Vacation, and Sick Leave accrual benefits. 15 Holidays. Funeral, Medical, Family & Personal Leave.
- Payroll Direct Deposit.
- Overtime Pay, Standby Pay and Weekly Standby Pay depends on job classification.
- Longevity Pay granted after completion of 5 years at 2%, and 2% increment every 5 years to 25+ year at 10% max.
- Mileage Allowance & Business Travel expense reimbursement.
- All benefits apply to full-time personnel.
Please refer to your Comprehensive Master Personnel Resolution and SEIU MOU for a comprehensive list of benefits and services. https://www.ci.sebastopol.ca.us/City-Government/Departments-Services/Administrative-Services-Department/Employee-Benefits
This position Is OPEN UNTIL FILLED the first review date of applications will be on Thursday, June 15, 2023.
The City of Sebastopol is not responsible for the failure of internet forms or email in submitting your application. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CITY OF SEBASTOPOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Recruitment Services provided by, Muchmore Than Consulting LLC.