Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and fast paced work environment with a focus on collaboration, problem solving, training and education? Do you have a passion for public service? If this sounds like you, then consider being a Contract Administration Specialist for Loudoun County Government.
Loudoun County's national award-winning Division of Procurement is seeking highly motivated applicants for a Contract Administration Specialist position. This position provides continued support to all County departmental Contract Administrators in managing contracts effectively. This position will also serve as a liaison between the vendor community and the Procurement Division. The successful candidate will develop, update and conduct training for departmental Contract Administrators on effective contract management and how to resolve contract issues as well as training and education to the supplier community on how to do business with the County. This position will be responsible for providing advice and develop strategies to improve organizational policies, procedures, and processes to enhance vendor relationships and engagement. The Contract Administration Specialist will collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary for this challenging position. Additionally, attention to detail, good organization skills, training development, and strong negotiation skills are essential to be successful.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and support the Contract Administration Program to maximize the effectiveness of contracts and minimize contract disputes and costs; collaborate with other division programs; review and streamline processes to reduce operating costs and improve efficiency; reviews solicitation files for completeness after award; and provide monthly summary of program performance.
- Administer County-wide contracts; prepare contract administration action plans for assigned contracts.
- Resolve contract disputes between vendors and contract administrators within the terms of the contract; recommends resolutions and terminations as appropriate.
- Provide professional advice, training, and guidance to department contract administrators, vendors, and County staff; facilitate learning on contract administration.
- Serve as frontline liaison with the business community and the County's procurement functions. Educate vendors on how to conduct business with the County, including coordination and hosting monthly Buyer/Seller Information Exchange Sessions.
- Provide advice and develop strategies to improve organizational policy, procedures, and processes that enhance vendor relations.
- Assist in the create and implementation of innovative approaches to maximize competition and promoting inclusion of small, women, and minority-owned business (SWaM) participation in County procurement.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Hiring Salary Commensurate with Experience
This position is eligible for up to three (3) days a week of telework in accordance with the County's Telework Policy.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in procurement, business administration, contracts, or related field with three years of experience to include delivery of training. Previous public procurement experience is highly preferred. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) certification preferred. Knowledge of the Virginia Public Procurement Act is preferred, but training will be provided. Experience in governmental procurement (federal, state or local) is highly preferred.
This position is FLSA exempt and may be required to work beyond normal business hours, to include attendance at vendor trade shows.
Criminal background, credit and DMV record checks will be conducted on the successful candidate.
Recruitment # 23-125-3833 Visit our on-line employment center at https://www.loudon.gov/jobs for more information and to apply.