- Manages the accounting functions under the general direction of the Comptroller, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Under general direction, directs, manages, and coordinates the activities and operations of UTA’s financial reporting and information systems control.
- Developing the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) and the Report o Federal Awards; ensuring all accounting activities are conducted and reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Federal Transit Administration rules where appropriate.
- Ensuring the UTA’s financial reporting complies with the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) requirements; serving as liaison to external auditors;
- Provides oversight and coordination of operating reports and statutory filings, establishes and maintains financial controls, and manages a staff of accountants.
- Assists in setting strategic direction for the accounting department, aligning department goals to help achieve its objectives.
Six years of full-time paid professional public, management, and government accounting/auditing experience, which must include three years' experience:
1) managing professional accounting and/or auditing staff responsible for public, management, and/or government accounting/auditing, and/or related fiscal work;
2) managing the preparation of government financial statements or managing the audit of government financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience in Accounting with some other bachelor’s degree.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
- Knowledge of specific/applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations governing financial reporting.
- Knowledge of Oracle/JDE Edwards accounting software preferred.
- Basic typing skills and knowledge of personal computer operation, including proficiency with office software applications and advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing with an emphasis on customer service.
- Apply professional judgment in following standard and advanced accounting techniques and principles.
- Make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions.
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
This job requires a credit check.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Open until January 9, 2023