The County of Riverside’s Executive Office has multiple opportunities for Management Analysts at various levels (Associate Management Analyst / Management Analyst / Senior Management Analyst / Principal Management Analyst). The incumbents may provide support in multiple disciplines to an assigned Portfolio of County departments and/or the Executive Office Budget/Finance Team. This responsibility will include developing and guiding the implementation of Countywide administrative strategies and policies and providing proactive support to departments. In addition, the incumbents will perform highly complex analysis, providing support in areas such as finance, operational decision making, and cost analysis. The incumbents will also evaluate practices impacting the County budget and departments by analyzing financial and performance data.
The Executive Office desires skilled local government professionals whom are politically-savvy, possess a strong understanding of municipal operations, finance, and possess experience in policy/program development and analysis. The most competitive candidates will possess a related graduate degree and will be results-oriented professionals that can identify, develop, and implement solutions for the County's most complex administrative, operational, and budgetary issues. Candidates with a high-level working knowledge of County department finance and operations are highly desired. Candidates with experience in dashboard reporting and data analytics software such as Microsoft Power BI, and Sherpa Government Solutions budget system are also highly desired.
County of Riverside Department Portfolios and potential assignments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Public Safety Portfolio supporting the Sheriff's Department, District Attorney, Probation Department, Public Defender, Fire Department, Emergency Management Department, and the Department of Animal Services.
- The Human, Housing, Business & Community Services Portfolio supporting the Business & Community Services Department, Department of Child Support Services, First 5, Housing, Homelessness Prevention & Workforce Solutions, Office on Aging, Department of Public Social Services, Registrar of Voters, and Veterans' Services.
- The Public Works, Land Use & Environment Portfolio supporting the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office, Transportation and Land Management Agency, Flood Control District, Environmental Health Department, Regional Park and Open-Space District, and Department of Waste Resources.
- The Human Resources Portfolio supporting the Human Resources Department.
- The Internal Services Portfolio supporting Riverside County Information Technology, Purchasing & Fleet Services Department and Facilities Management.
- The Riverside University Health System (RUHS) Health & Hospital Services Portfolio supporting the RUHS Medical Center, RUHS Community Clinics, Behavioral Health, Correctional Health, and Public Health.
- The Finance & Government Services Portfolio supporting the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, Auditor Controller, and Treasurer-Tax Collector.
The level at which the position will be filled, assignment, and configuration is at the Department’s discretion and is based on candidate qualifications. The Eligible List generated from this recruitment may be utilized to fill other mission-critical Associate Management Analyst / Management Analyst / Senior Management Analyst / Principal Management Analyst vacancies that may occur in the coming weeks. Placement within the started salary range will be based upon the selected candidate’s experience.