This job announcement is being re-advertised. If you previously applied you do not need to reapply in order to be considered.
Develops strategies and initiatives for electronic digital systems for tax and revenue collections. Provides advisory consultation and technical expertise across all divisions within DTA; works closely with leadership and management to identify division specific and cross-agency information and process requirements, and identifies opportunities for new solutions, improve business processes and support for on-line government. Works in a collaborative environment with DTA division subject matter experts (SMEs) for ascertainment of business requirements and identification of new opportunities for digitization and on-line services supporting tax and revenue operations, develops cost analysis, business use cases and justification. Additional duties include:
- Develops strategic and tactical plans educating others about the strategic application of technology in the business;
- Works with the Department of Information Technology (DIT) data architects for complex reporting and business intelligence and data analytics;
- Works with stakeholders to provide interoperability for external and internal customers to include local, state, and federal agencies;
- Serves as project manager for DTA and DIT projects that include multiple platforms;
- Develops Requests for Proposals, project plans, and budgets for IT projects;
- Oversees the system administration and access control activities for DTA and serves as IT Security Coordinator; develops and, implements DTA system use policies and procedures aligned with county IT policies and procedures;
- Support business strategies DTA wide, educating DTA teams about the strategic application of technology in tax, revenue, collections and on-line use in accordance with state and federal law and guidelines; reviews business strategies, legislation and requirements for alignment with technology planning.
- Leads the development of DTA IT solutions adoption and develops initiatives. Facilitates and leads business redesign efforts for DTA areas;
- Stays abreast of technical and business trends, advancements, and development of information technology for applicability to DTA functions, and tax and revenue systems in particular.
- Employment Standards
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, or closely related field; plus five years' experience in systems design, development, and maintenance in a large information systems environment, including supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Four years of experience as a project manager;
- Knowledge of electronic digital systems and on-line government requirements with tax and revenue collections;
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical plans for application of technology in business;
- Experience in assessment and design of technology solutions, integration and Web on-line services;
- Excellent consultancy skills;
- Proven proposal writing experience;
- Four years of supervisory experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and a Credit check. This position, because it is one with financial responsibility, will be subject to a criminal history record check and credit check as a condition of hiring and periodically thereafter. Applicants/employee in this position must demonstrate financial responsibility in personal finances as a condition of employment.
- All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or religious reasons will still be subject to the weekly testing requirement. Otherwise, vaccinated employees will complete the attestation online in the first day of employment.
- Job is generally sedentary in nature. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Panel interview, may include practical exercise.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or status as a veteran in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.