Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
What we do:
The Markets Group at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York conducts monitoring and analysis of financial market developments to support the Federal Reserve's policy objectives. We are looking for a Specialist to join us on the Capital Markets and Institutions team bringing expertise in U.S. municipal markets. This team monitors and analyzes developments across domestic capital markets to help inform the formulation, implementation, and transmission of monetary policy, and the assessment of risks to financial stability.
Your role as Municipal Markets Specialist:
- Monitor and analyze U.S. municipal markets to produce high-quality written analysis that connects developments in U.S. municipal markets to broader financial markets, monetary policy, financial stability, and the macro economy.
- Contribute to policy analysis on issues relevant to U.S. municipal markets.
- Interface extensively with market participants to obtain market intelligence and work with partners throughout the Federal Reserve.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, some of which in U.S. municipal finance.
- Expertise in U.S. municipal markets and ability to identify market themes relevant for the objectives of the Federal Reserve.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to efficiently convey complex subject matter in concise, distilled fashion.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; demonstrated thought-leadership around analytical approaches.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey complex subject matter to senior audiences.
- Strong data analysis skills and familiarity with datasets relevant for U.S. municipal markets; familiarity with advanced quantitative analytical packages (e.g., Python) preferred.
- For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the position.
- Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And more
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates who do not currently possess a Level 2 clearance or higher must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.