The Loudoun County Treasurer's Office is seeking qualified applicants for the temporary position of Reconciliation Assistant II in our Leesburg location. The position supports the Treasurer's Office Reconciliation Division. This position will support the reconciliation of Loudoun County bank accounts and Loudoun County Public Schools bank accounts to Oracle Enterprise System (EBS). This position is charged with verification and reconciliation of over 90 accounts monthly. In addition, the position is responsible for processing and reconciling transactions of complex nature. In addition, the Reconciliation Assistant II responsibilities include:
- Provide backup to the Manager as Lead to the Reconciliation Division.
- Provide backup to the key functions within the Reconciliation Division.
- Assist internal and external auditors with documentation needed to perform their duties as satisfied.
- Reconcile discrepancies in different types of accounts (i.e., bank, credit card, and general ledger for Loudoun County, Loudoun County Schools, and Loudoun County Sheriff's Office).
- Work with various departments in reconciling and reporting activities, to include follow up on variances.
- Reconcile transactions to ensure the various accounts reflect the correct transactions.
- Reconcile various accounts against the General Ledger.
- Perform daily financial transactions such as verifying, calculating, and compiling information to receivable data.
- Other various duties within the Treasurer's Office.
The Reconciliation Assistant II should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with high volume account reconciliations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records.
- Ability to identify errors. Appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Ability to work to deadlines. High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple departments.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Excel.
- Ability to problem solve under stressful conditions and deadlines.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and principles Hiring salary commensurate with experience.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent; four (4) years of related work experience in Accounting/Reconciliation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate Degree in Accounting highly desirable. Oracle EBS experience preferred.
- Normal working hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM, with mandatory overtime during tax deadlines.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo a criminal and credit background checks.