WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE IN THIS JOB:
To provide comprehensive financial accounting, reporting, and analysis within the Finance Department by performing a variety of complex and professional accounting functions at an advanced level, including preparation of the County's Annual Financial Report and annual audit. Review for audit internal control of accounts payable and accounts receivable processes for accuracy and efficiency.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Prepares journal entries for monthly and annual closes.
- Sets up and reconciles fixed assets on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for reviewing financial data for accuracy.
- Analyzes and prepares audit required work papers and trial balances for auditors.
- Develops year-end audit plan and be the lead person.
- Prepares the County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report/CAFR.
- Prepares Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
- Provides guidance and training in fiscal responsibilities to grant analysts.
- Up to date with GASB statements in order to make recommendations and implement changes to Accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides training to accountants as necessary.
- Provides support to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable personnel.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Governmental Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Procedures (GAAP).
- Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Ability to produce financial statements and understand all transactions that underline the financial statements.
- Experience working in general accounting, fixed asset, and other modules of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle, etc. Understand how all modules affect the general ledger. Ability to find errors and formulate solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Conduct audits of financial systems.
- Work independently.
- Ability to listen and communicate with peers and managers in finance and other departments in a manner that promotes problem solving and a cooperative environment in order to improve procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
MORE QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of governmental accounting and auditing experience.
- Education and Training: A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- License or Certificate: None.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.