The Roanoke Higher Education Authority has a full time salaried position available that performs maintenance and analysis of complex financial records for the Authority and the Roanoke Higher Education Center Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform complex financial analysis, reconciliations and financial reporting for the Authority (a governmental entity) and the Foundation (a non-profit entity).
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration in the areas of accounting, finance, budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting and auditing.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual external audit.
- Research and implement new applicable regulatory and professional standards for governmental (Authority) and non-profit (Foundation) reporting to ensure conformance with GAAP, GASB, FASB, IRS and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Maintain all aspects of the fixed asset accounting system.
- Perform revenue and expense forecasting and variance analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls, policy and procedure manuals.
- Responsible for payroll and benefit oversight, review, and related filings.
Successful candidate should be a self-starter with demonstrated capability in finance, accounting, and team work. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Five years of experience in financial accounting, auditing, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with strong emphasis in Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- CPA or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO).
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Related work in the public sector, particular with a state agency.
- Related work in non-profit accounting and reporting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
This position offers an excellent benefits package which includes health insurance, participation in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), generous paid leave policy, paid short and long term disability, and paid life insurance. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
The complete position description and application are available on the Center website https://www.education.edu/careers/