Performs difficult technical and professional work involving the purchasing and contracting of services, supplies, materials, and equipment, preparation and/or maintenance of legal, fiscal and other records, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work involves setting policies and goals under the general direction of the Director of Finance.
- Develops policies and procedures for agency procurements, contracting, and auditing; reviews and approves procurements for compliance with CMAP Procurement Policy, Federal, and State Procurement regulations.
- Reviews all draft scope of services, timelines, budgets and deliverables to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the funding source of all Requests for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Organize and maintain all agency contracts – analyzing spend
- Coordinate and attend pre-bid meetings, reviews vendor responses to RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs; coordinate vendor interviews; reviews and approves vendor scoresheets and selection; reviews and approves justification memo for selected vendor.
- Verifies vendor compliance with Federal and State contracting eligibility; develops and conducts annual staff procurement training.
- Updates contract templates to reflect current Federal and State requirements.
- Negotiates contracts with outside agencies, universities, and private firms; drafts contracts, intergovernmental agreements, and memorandums of understanding for final execution, including associated amendments and purchase authorization orders.
- Monitors active contracts and intergovernmental agreements (IGA); reviews and approves Purchase Authorization Orders (PAO) scope, budgets, and rates to ensure they meet contract terms.
- Obtains Request for Concurrence from third-party grantors; issues concurrence requests to external agencies as requested.
- Develops and modifies consultant evaluation procedures for project managers to complete during and at the conclusion of contracts; reviews consultant evaluation forms and manages contract closure processes.
- Performs various research, document review, preparation, and reports related to procurement processes.
- Other duties as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, procurement or related field with four plus years of extended experience completing procurements in a Governmental setting.
- Certificate such as CPPO, CPPB preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business methods, markets, and purchasing practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable laws relating to Federal & State governmental and public purchasing ability to conduct research for various types of procurements in the development of scope, pricing, best practices and models in specific areas and market availability.
- Ability to write clear and concise specifications.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be very organized and have the ability to perform work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, contract agents, elected officials, legal representatives, regulatory agencies, vendors, and the general public
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is our region’s comprehensive planning organization. The agency and its partners are implementing ON TO 2050, a long-range plan to help the seven counties and 284 communities of northeastern Illinois implement strategies that address transportation, housing, economic development, open space, the environment, and other quality-of-life issues. See cmap.illinois.gov/about for more information on the agency’s vision and core values.
CMAP is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application! This position will remain open until filled.
- Certifications/Licenses and Association Dues
- Deferred Compensation (457 Plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Personal Days/Floating Holidays
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation Leave
- Vision Insurance