The Sonoma County Library is seeking a customer service oriented individual with solid communication, team building, and problem solving skills to serve as an Accounting Manager in its Budget and Finance department. Please complete required Supplemental Questionnaire.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
Under administrative direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent is responsible for all assigned staff and activities for all areas related to public accounting transactions and financial reporting; maintains financial records for all programs of the Library; safeguards Library assets and ensures compliance with GAAP through establishment of an internal control structure of policies, procedures, and review of financial transactions; prepares reports on the status of financial transactions for the Library Commission and other authorities.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, organizes and manages overall programmatic activities for all areas related to financial reporting; develops and implements unit goals, objectives, priorities, internal controls, policies and procedures, and communicates to unit staff; coordinates work schedules and provides technical assistance to staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Recommends, implements, and monitors improvements to service delivery methods and procedures; creates, establishes, revises and maintains written policies, procedures, and job instructions for all aspects areas related to financial reporting.
- Oversees and ensures the timely processing of biweekly payroll and other transactional accounting.
- Performs and oversees complex fiscal and accounting work in connection with general ledger management, contract compliance, investments, grant and bond accounting, allocating project costs to appropriate accounts, and keeping other varied and sophisticated accounting records.
- Education and Experience: Education and experience including graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, with specialization in accounting; and Five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in accounting, including auditing, two (2) of which must have been at the managerial level with supervision, preferably in a public agency.
- An advanced degree in Business or Public Administration and/or a current CPA License is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and their specific application in governmental accounting.
- Application and operation of computerized financial and accounting systems and spreadsheets, using common accounting and spreadsheet software.
Statutory laws, rules and regulations applicable to governmental accounting and programmatic areas of responsibility.
- Budget preparation, administration and control procedures.
- Principles and practices used in planning, organizing and controlling work flow and processes’ auditing principles and techniques.
- Independently carry out complex accounting and auditing work; on a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job.
- Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects.
- Identify and interpret technical and numerical information.
- Observe and solve problems of operational and technical policy and procedures.
- Analyze complex accounting and financial data and draw logical and sound conclusions.
- Apply accounting principles and techniques to practical accounting, auditing, and financial problems.
- Analyze and evaluate accounting systems and financial programs.
- Design improvements and controls for assigned operations; and assess overall effectiveness of assigned duties.
SALARY RANGE: $113,796.80 to $142,147.20 plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled, First Review on Monday, May 30, 2022
(First Round Interviews Tentatively Scheduled for mid-June)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.