Town of Dumfries is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for Staff Accountant position in the Finance Office. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing Accounts Payable, preparing journal entries, month and year-end closing, bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation
and assisting with internal monthly financial reporting, and other various financial and accounting reporting functions. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance.
- Ideal candidate must have comprehensive knowledge in principals of municipal accounting systems
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assist with financial policy and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Word)
- Undertake research and projects as needed
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist with Payroll and benefit as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Experience in local government sector or an equivalent combination
Credit criminal background checks are required
Successful candidate will be eligible for many of the Town’s benefits, which includes 100% health and dental insurance cover by the Town, annual and sick leave, and enrollment in the in Virginia Retirement System.
Come and join a Town that is committed to excellence in serving a thriving and growing community.
Applications may be found at https://www.dumfriesva.gov/residents/employment.php
Submit applications to email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 3,2022
Town of Dumfries
John Wilmer Porter Municipal Building
17739 Main Street, Suite 200
Dumfries, Virginia 22026