Alamo Colleges District Finance & Fiscal Services Department
San Antonio, Texas
Wage/Salary: $116,000 to $130,000
Date Posted: Monday, September 12, 2022
Date Closing: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
URL for this job:
Manages and executes all treasury functions for Alamo Colleges District ACD) including cash management/banking operations, investments, debt and property tax administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages invests cash balances in accordance with state statutes and Board policy. Oversees external money managers and custodians. Records investment transactions and income for General Ledger. Maintains and updates Investment Policy. Prepares quarterly investment reports in compliance with state statutes and reports to Board and investment officers on investment activity.
- Serves as primary liaison and coordinates with third parties (financial advisor, bond counsel, rating agencies, paying agents and underwriters) on all matters regarding debt activity, disclosure, arbitrage calculations and resultant IRS transactions. Pays debt service. Responds to bondholder inquiries. Records debt transactions for General Ledger. Maintains and updates Debt Management Policy. Prepares Board presentations for annual Debt Management Plan.
- Assures daily liquidity for the Colleges. Responsible for banking relationships, management of banking fees, evaluation and assessment of banking products and services. Forecasts cash needs. Ensures compliance with internal controls.
- Serves as the primary liaison with appraisal district and tax office. Responsible for annual Truth-in-Taxation disclosure. Forecasts property tax revenue for annual budget and monitors collections versus budget. Coordinates requisite activities if tax rate increase is proposed. Prepares Board presentations regarding annual tax rate recommendations.
- Prepares PBC’s, ACFR footnotes and statistical schedules for annual external audit for all items related to cash, investments, debt and taxes, and for bi-annual PFIA audit of investments. Completes requisite reporting and surveys to the state, peer organizations, rating agencies, and input for continuing disclosure and rebate arbitrage calculations.
- Continually monitors all treasury functions for opportunities for greater efficiency, customer service and automation. Maintains and utilizes benchmarking data as needed. Responsible for departmental strategies and execution relating to Baldrige, Business Process Analysis, etc.
- Researches and models’ alternative approaches for financial operations. Responds to ad hoc requests from senior management.
- Supervises, selects, trains, monitors, coaches, and evaluates the work of others. Maintains and processes employment related documents such as time sheets and leave forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.