The City of Riverside Finance Department is seeking an experienced individual to fill its current vacancy of a Treasury Supervisor position. The ideal candidate will have an eye for business process improvement, as the Treasury division modernizes workflows and implements new technology. The Treasury Supervisor must be capable of managing multiple tasks and meeting important deadlines leading a high functioning team of Treasury Specialists, completing reports; providing direct supervision to staff; working with a variety of departments; and researching and analyzing current and delinquent revenue trends.
The selected candidate for the Treasury Supervisor position will manage the City’s revenue collection for multiple departments; ensure daily liquidity and proper cash position; and oversee cash management services, including bank accounts, banking products, account analysis, check signing requirements, and armored car services. This position will also be responsible for executing fund transfers through the banking system; supervising vault operations; preparing cash flow projections; making updates to those projections throughout the year; coordinating City’s banking relationships with local financial institutions; reconciling credit card revenue for all departments; and ensuring cash handling activities are completed following GFOA and CSMFO best practices.
Education: High school graduation or satisfactory equivalent (GED) supplemented by specialized college level courses in business administration. Completion of an Associate's Degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Three years full time experience in Treasury, cash management, finance, accounting, banking, and cash control.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Experience supervising, directing, and coordinating the work of subordinate co-workers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Experience with interpreting and explaining departmental and/or fiscal policies and procedures for a municipal government agency.
- Ability to recommend and implement goals and objectives for providing effective treasury services.