Trust Funds Accountant
Fulltime staff accountant for self administered Taft Hartley plans in California (near Bakersfield) with medical plan and pension plan
Medical plan with annual budget of approximately $28 million and pension plan with assets of $70 to $80 million paying benefits to over 4900 pensioners
Work closely with longtime independent CPA firm – report to Assistant Administrator and Administrator
#Desired start by November/December 2020
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and analyze financial information, record General Ledger entries, reconcile General Ledger accounts, bank and inventory reconciliations.
- Prepare Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Work on reports using Excel, Access and data systems
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in general accounting environment.
- Familiarity with principles of fund accounting for Taft Hartley trusts
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Access (or similar relational database system)
- Possess fund accounting and cost allocation experience and expertise
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Windows, bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Knowledge with QuikBooks is helpful
- Ten-key proficient required along with the ability to operate other office equipment.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must possess good people skills and have professional appearance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual – Spanish, preferred but not required
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends depending on business needs.
- May work remotely but will need to visit office at least one or more times per week
Salaried position with employer provided medical, dental and vision benefits with nominal employee contribution requirement and ability to earn a pension benefit