- GFOA Member for eight years
- Serves on GFOA’s Committee on Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting since 2017
- Serves on GFOA’s GAAFR Review Committee since 2021
- Served on GFOA’s Nominating Committee (2018-2021)
- Past GFOA Annual Conference presenter on Capital Assets (2019)
Contributions to the Profession/Jurisdiction
- Developed models to address financial issues in her organization
- Developed strategies to address unfunded pension liabilities
- Developed and implemented entity-wide risk assessments in her organization
- Member of CalCPA, AICPA, and Toastmasters International
- Attendee of continuing education courses in taxation, GASB updates, auditing and financial reporting, and professional ethics and conduct
Goals for GFOA
GFOA should continue to develop and assist in providing consistency in standards, guidelines, and procedures in governmental financial management by educating, informing, and connecting its members:
- GFOA has been providing education on updates and implementations of government regulations affecting financial management of governments. Through the Blue Book, GFOA has provided valuable information in government accounting especially to government employees new to government accounting.
- GFOA should continue to inform its members on latest developments and issues affecting its members. For example, “Week in Washington” held by GFOA’s Federal Liaison Center staff is invaluable especially during the pandemic with so much uncertainty to how federal funds should be treated.
- GFOA can leverage its effectiveness by connecting its members throughout the United States and internationally with other professional organizations and state/provincial associations. In doing so, GFOA will be able to keep abreast of developments and issues affecting its members.
Golden Gate University, Master of Accountancy Program
Ateneo de Manila University, Master of Business Administration
University of the Philippines, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration ‒ Accounting major