Administrative Technician - City of Sebastopol
Salary: $ 6,241 - $ 7,586 Monthly
Deadline to Apply: September 27, 2021, at 5:00 P.M. PST
The City of Sebastopol is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the newly created position of Administrative Technician. The current vacancy will be assigned to the Administrative Services Department supporting the Finance and Executive Management teams for assigned programs and projects. Regional Government Services and its staff is conducting this recruitment for the City of Sebastopol.
This position works under a minimum of supervision, performing a variety of detailed and responsible technical, administrative, and confidential duties in support of an executive management or division team for assigned programs and projects. Duties include support for budget preparation and monitoring; accounting, financial, and human resources activities and processes; and performing general program administration and research activities as required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Works cooperatively, collaboratively, and effectively as a team member, maintaining successful relationships in a diverse environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities
- Experience serving the public in person and over the phone using tact, diplomacy, discretion, and independent judgment
- Effective communication skills
- Experience interpreting and applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general principles of payroll processing, management, and reporting
- Knowledge of human resources activities and processes
- Experience performing various research and budgetary support functions
- Is proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possesses a minimum of two (2) years responsible administrative and technical program support experience
- Previous experience working in a municipal or other governmental environment is highly desirable
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education, experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities required for this position will qualify. A typical pattern of qualifications may include: AA/AS degree with major coursework in business or public administration, finance, accounting, human resources, or closely related field; 2 years of progressively responsible administrative and technical program support experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a municipal or other governmental environment is highly desirable.
TO APPLY: To view the complete job announcement and to apply for this exciting opportunity, go to: https://bit.ly/AdminTech_SEB
The City of Sebastopol is an Equal Opportunity Employer