Director of Financial Services and Accounting
Salary Range: $109,179.20 - $163,716.80
GUC is searching for a Director of Financial Services and Accounting. The ideal candidate will possess proven experience and success in managing people, financial services, timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis information, and the efficient and accurate processing of financial transactions and payroll, with exceptional skills in leadership, communications, process management, data management, computer processes, and excel at working in a fast-paced team environment.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and encourage employee productivity
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external staff and business partners
- Ability to strive for continuous improvement
Some responsibilities of the Director of Financial Services and Accounting include:
- Leadership for the Financial Services Division of the Finance Department, whose work includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, utility accounting, budgeting, auditing, cost accounting, and financial reporting and analysis.
- Strategizing and directing accounting and disbursement functions.
- Monitoring the Greenville Utilities functions for appropriation control and budgetary accounting, disbursement, and financial reporting.
- Developing, analyzing, and maintaining the utility’s budget, identifying cost savings opportunities, and authorizing expenditures.
- Directing accounting, financial reporting and analysis, cost accounting, internal controls, inventory control, fixed assets, and auditing.
- Assisting with financial planning and analysis.
- Planning and assisting with audits.
- Reviewing accounting policies and procedures and recommending changes which are designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting operations.
- Coordinating overall accounting activities.
- Studying present accounting practices to ensure conformance with established policies and procedures applicable to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOC).
- Further developing internal process to create uniformity of financial transactions across the organization.
- Collaborating with internal and external staff and business partners.
- Over nine years’ related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated hiring range is $109,179.20 - $136,427.20, commensurate with experience. Applications accepted until August 15, 2021.
Employment is contingent upon passing a physical examination including a drug/alcohol screening and a comprehensive background check. To ensure consideration, a completed Greenville Utilities application must be received in the Human Resources Office. Interested persons can contact the Human Resources Office at (252) 551-1513 if you have any questions. Our office is located on 801 Mumford Road.
Online applications only accepted thru GUC website at www.guc.com.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer”
“Greenville Utilities Commission participates in E-Verify ”