Olivenhain Municipal Water District is seeking candidates for the position of Financial Analyst I. This at will position performs the collection, compilation, and complex analysis of financial, administrative, and budget related data. The pay range is $27.31 - $38.21 per hour.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs financial and statistical analyses of routine to moderate difficulty that support the District’s programs.
- Participates and provides assistance in long-term financial planning, budget development, implementation, and policy formulation.
- Builds databases and spreadsheets of financial, economic, investment, financial market and other data, using information obtained internally and from other sources, including financial models to generate forecasts, analyses, and reports of financial, investment, and revenue issues.
- Generates special database of water and sewer consumption and other financial related information as requested.
- Performs datamining from relational databases and systems for analysis and creation of other reporting tools.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics including complex financial, analytical, budget or administrative issues.
- Conducts periodic financial and statistical surveys and performs research on fiscal, administrative, and operations topics.
- Assists in the preparation of Board reports and presentation materials regarding areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs special cost, trend, impact, and other analyses, drafts reports and recommendations on assigned projects.
- Assists in the administration of the District’s investment portfolio.
- Assists with the preparation of Annual Financial Reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related field, valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability are required. Two years of progressive experience to include analyzing large data sets, interpreting financial information presented in financial reports and budget documents, creating financial report templates, a strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. Ability to utilize technical writing skills to produce and edit reports, ability to communicate effectively when presenting results, ability to work independently on specific assignments once direction is provided, ability to solve problems effectively, and ability to organize and manage competing priorities are required.
OMWD offers a very competitive benefits package including CalPERS retirement and fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums for family coverage. Interested candidates must submit a completed OMWD employment application and current resume. All application materials will be evaluated and only the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Subject to a background check for convictions directly related to job duties. Only job related convictions will be considered, and will not automatically disqualify the final candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: www.olivenhain.com/job-opportunities
Application deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 1, 2021
OMWD Human Resources 1966 Olivenhain Road, Encinitas, CA 92024