Performs complex advanced technical work overseeing the day-to-day operations of the agency's finance, accounting and procurement activities, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work involves setting policies and goals under the general direction of the Director of Finance.
- Manages daily operations of the agency's finance department and accounting activities including monthly bank reconciliations and fund transfers to include purchase requests, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entry review & approval and the general ledger.
- Works with the Director of Finance to manage the annual Financial and Single Audit, month-end, year-end and quarterly reporting requirements include documents, federally required forms, state and federal tax reports and grant reporting.
- Assists in the management and preparation of the annual budget including completion of all Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) documents
- Reviews payroll processing.
- Serves as liaison to outside auditors.
- Manages grant financial activity; performs appropriate reviews of Federal filings and required reporting.
- Assists in the development and preparation of monthly Board Reports.
- Leads the development, improvement, and documentation of internal accounting procedures; ensures compliance of contracting activities with Federal and State regulations and other grant provision requirements.
- Reviews administrative, analytical, and coordination efforts for the CMAP Unified Work Program (UWP) Committee, including reviewing of invoice vouchers.
- Reviews annual reporting and efforts related to legacy multifamily program of Energy Impact Illinois; attends check-ins with appropriate regulatory agencies, when needed.
- Provides oversight on contract management and guidance for resolutions to ongoing finance and contract related issues.
- Assists in the implementation of the Agencies Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP ) software
- Reviews all contracting activities, including development of RFP’s, RFI’s and RFQ’s; Inter-Governmental Agreements; and ensuring all contracting activities comply with Federal and State requirements, as well as other grant provisions
- Coordinate with Director of Finance to create professional development plans for all staff to maximize performance within the Agency.
- Other duties as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field with five years of experience in accounting or finance in the Governmental realm
- Demonstrated experience supervising a team
- Proficiency in MS Office products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Thorough knowledge of general laws and administrative policies governing financial practices and procedure including GAAP, GASB Pronouncements, and the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, budgeting in government, developing internal controls and purchasing systems.
- Ability to communicate technical financial ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate complex financial systems and efficiently formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records; ability to prepare informative financial reports.
- Ability to develop long range financial plans
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Office environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions of this job.
- Supervises (1) Staff Accountant, (2) Senior Accountants, and procurement officer
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB (maybe representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.)
- Standard office equipment
PHYSICAL ABILITIES that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires an extremely demanding level of concentration
- Occasional exertion of up to 10 of force
- Work regularly requires sitting and pounds using hands to finger, handle or feel and occasionally requires speaking or hearing
- Work has standard vision requirements
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels