THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED, AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, AS APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED.
The purpose of this position is to ensure timely administration, reconciliation, and compliance of all payroll processing functions. This is accomplished by processing payroll, resolving all payroll related issues, coordinating between payroll, benefits, and time tracking, developing and producing reports, providing end user support, and working on projects to improve project and system processes. Other duties include completing analytical payroll projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares and processes payroll by analyzing and updating changes to employee master data, releasing and verifying main and supplemental payrolls, researching off-cycle wage payments, summarizing, formatting, and posting payroll in accounting components, producing reports, and responding to requests for employee data from various departments and outside agencies, and resolve issues with creditors regarding wage garnishments received.
- Provides business system technical support and expertise by responding to reports of operational problems or request for assistance, assisting end-users with system issues, testing the system after configuration changes or updates, and consulting with technical advisors on possible modifications or deletions within the system.
- Coordinates analysis and reporting by creating and modifying time and payroll reports, responding to ad-hoc query requests, and gathering and analyzing payroll data.
- Conducts training and administration by reviewing and interpreting technical literature, preparing training material and user procedures, and attending technical trainings.
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SacRT reserves the right to determine the equivalences of education and experience.
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with six (6) months/one (1) year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Accredited community college, vocational, business, technical or correspondence schools are likely sources. Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory completion of advanced study or training.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience performing payroll administration in an organization with multiple bargaining units.
- Proof of required education beyond high school, such as college transcripts, diplomas, and/or certificates must be submitted at the time of application, if not substituting experience for the education requirement.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application must be submitted online. This position will remain open until filled. Applications are reviewed as received, and interviews will be scheduled for most qualified candidates as applications are reviewed. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity with CalPERS.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action EOE/AA Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under the Operating Engineer Local Union no. 3 Group (OE3).