At the State of North Dakota, we are driven by our purpose of empowering people, improving lives, and inspiring success. Through our values of gratitude, humility, curiosity, and courage. Our talented workforce is committed to providing exceptional services to the citizens.
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is hiring an experienced leader to join Team ND as the State Financial Services Director position. This is a great opportunity for a financial professional with proven leadership abilities to utilize their accounting and analytical skills to step into this vital role.
Summary of Work
As the Director, you will oversee the state financial services, governmental accounting, and the state’s financial/payroll enterprise system (PeopleSoft) for agencies and entities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain state-wide accounting policies, procedures, and systems to maintain internal controls and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Governmental Accounting Principles (GAAP), governmental accounting standards, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure the continued integrity, integration, and configuration of the PeopleSoft Financial and Payroll application, including all financial/payroll modules, upgrades, and enhancements. Develop and implement plans for future enhancements and rollout of any new financial and payroll system modules.
- Serve as a member of the strategic ConnectND Steering Committee that oversees all aspects of the ND PeopleSoft ERP system.
- Manage and direct the state’s accounting functions, including strategic and operational planning efforts.
- Direct the Fiscal Services Division of OMB and manage the daily operations of the state’s financial/payroll system.
- Oversee the purchasing card program which serves all state agencies including all Higher Education institutions, and state political subdivisions.
- Monitor and analyze fiscal impact of legislation and prepare fiscal notes and represent OMB on legislative matters having a fiscal impact.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, financial management or business administration with an accounting concentration.
- Must possess 8 years of progressively responsible and professional financial work experience that includes management of professional-level accounting staff.
- Knowledge of accounting GAAP principals.
- Requires strong leadership skills, using team-based approach; excellent interpersonal skills; strong analytical and communication skills.
Salary Hiring Range: $100,000 to $125,000
- Follow this job link https://ndstatecareers.link/qwm to complete a State of North Dakota Application by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date, October 24, 2021.
- Applicants must complete the online application before 11:59 pm on the closing date, October 24, 2021and a resume and cover letter providing details how your education, work experience, and skills qualify you for this position.
- Applicants who are residents of North Dakota and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include a legible Form DD214 showing "character of service". Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veterans’ Affairs Office that is less than one year old.
For more information contact Leanne Schmidt, Senior HR Officer or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact at 701-328-4738 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or TDD: 800-643-3916.