November 2, 2023
1 p.m.-5 p.m. ET
- Michele Mark Levine, Todd Buikema, CPA, Peg Hartnett, Stephen J. Gauthier, Joel Black, James W. Ramsey, and Susannah Filipovic
- Field of Study: Accounting Governmental
- Credits: 4.00
- Prerequisite: None
GFOA will offer its 2023 Governmental GAAP Update on November 2, 2023 and December 14, 2023, using GFOA’s online learning management system (LMS).
Participate in interactive exercises to test your knowledge of the material being presented. Receive immediate feedback to your questions during the program from GFOA’s Technical Services Center staff. Four CPE credits will be awarded with your participation.
This year's event will cover:
Last-minute pointers on standards being implemented now, including on Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements, Public
Private and Public-Public Partnerships and the 2022 Omnibus
Upcoming implementations new GASB Statements
- GASB 100, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections
- GASB 101, Compensated Absences
- [Anticipated] GASB 102, Risks and Uncertainties Disclosures
New GASB implementation guidance
Be prepared for your upcoming financial statement and federal funds Single Audit
Special Segment - Panel Discussion
- Successful strategies for hiring to fill accounting and auditing positions
Member Price: Early - $135 / Full - $180
Non-member: Early - $150 / Full - $195
Associate member: Early - $155 / Full - $215
Non-member: Early - $185 / Full - $245
** Early registration deadline is September 29, 2023.
- Those who successfully complete this seminar should obtain a solid understanding of each of the following:
- Learn how to implement soon-to-be-effective pronouncements including GASB 96, Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements, related to cloud-based computing.
- Obtain an understanding of standards that you will need to implement soon.
- Prepare for your government’s upcoming independent financial statement and federal funds Single Audits.
- Identify successful strategies for attracting and retaining accounting and auditing leadership and staff.