November 2, 2023
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CT
November 3, 2023
8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. CT
- Field of Study: Finance
- Credits: 12.00
- Prerequisite: None
- Status: This event has availability.
The Alliance for Excellence in School Budgeting is for school districts working on implementing GFOA's Best Practices in School Budgeting. A part of the Smarter School Spending initiative, the Alliance first met in 2015 and includes a diverse group of districts from across the United States. Member districts range in size from several hundred students to several hundred thousand students, representing a broad range of student performance and other key demographics as well.
Participants in the Alliance for Excellence meet once per year for a workshop style conference that features case studies, best practice examples, and other recognized industry leaders. More importantly, Alliance participants will be able to network with their peer organizations to share their experiences and knowledge.
Topics will focus on:
- Smarter School Spending Framework
- Introduction to Academic Return on Investment
- Designing a Strategic Schedule
- Finance and Academics – Learning to speak the same language
- Introducing a Logic Model into your Budget Process
- GFOA Distinguished Budget Award – Special Recognition for Best Practices in School Budgeting
- Member Price: $600.00
- Non-member Price: $600.00