The City of Stayton is seeking qualified applicants to fill their Finance Director position. The successful candidate will be a hands-on Finance Director with extensive local government experience in finance management, financial reporting, billing systems, budget development, and investments, with accountability for results in terms of costs, personnel, and financial best practices. This position oversees no more than 5 FTE staff members and works under the general direction of the City Manager.
The Finance Director is a member of the City’s management team and works closely with the City Manager and other department heads to develop and implement the City’s Budget, enhance programs and services, assist in purchasing processes, and provides management analysis on a broad array of operational and capital opportunities. The position exercises considerable judgement and discretion in formulating, managing, and controlling administrative and fiscal policies including strategic planning for financial systems.
- Completion of a four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, or related field, and over four years of experience which includes supervisory experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Broad knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of municipal accounting and budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, internal controls and auditing procedures, cash management, investments, and various laws affecting public accounting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision and personnel practices.
- Completion of master’s degree program in finance, accounting, economics, business, public administration, management, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- GFOA experience.
$88,578.99 - $115,575 annually plus benefits DOQ; defined benefit retirement plan eligibility at six months.
To apply and view a candidate profile, go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description and application.
Open Until Filled; First Review February 10, 2023