SunLine Transit Agency is a public transit agency world-renowned for its accomplishments in zero emission technology. Become a part of the leadership team that focuses on innovation and collaboration!
Under general direction of the CEO/General Manager, the Chief Financial Officer serves as a key member of the executive team and provides highly effective leadership and oversight to the financial affairs of SunLine Transit Agency. The position plans, directs and manages the activities and operations of the Finance Department, and coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies. These functions are performed under the guidelines of the Federal Transit Administration, California Transportation Development Act, and various other federal, state, and local laws. The CFO exercises an extensive degree of initiative, ingenuity, judgment, and professional financial management in formulating SunLine’s financial policy and in providing senior management with reliable information for making long and short-term decisions.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a visionary finance professional with successful experience providing oversight to a public agency’s fiscal activities. Known for a strong business mindset and entrepreneurial spirit, this professional will exhibit a natural drive for results. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work strategically with team members to implement and manage initiatives, policies, and priorities. Knowledge of and experience in transportation is a big plus.
The individual selected will:
- Have a strong background in financial modeling and forecasting
- Be an outstanding and credible communicator who is comfortable engaging and interacting with the Board of Directors, and delivering technical information in a public forum in an understandable format
- Be an exceptional critical thinker and problem solver who is not constrained by tradition
- Have a demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff, possess exceptional management skills and be able to delegate effectively while holding staff accountable
- Have outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills to conduct internal reviews and oversee external audit processes; provide professional skepticism and review to financial practices
- Be driven to develop a forward-thinking organization which integrates evolving best practices in the field
SunLine seeks candidates who are straightforward, demonstrating the highest levels of integrity, yet passionate and always professional in attitude and action. The candidate should have a macro-perspective that allows them to understand the importance of the role that public transportation plays for the Coachella Valley community. Experience facilitating high-level decision-making and serving as a key internal advisor will help with a smooth transition into the role.
Experience and Qualifications
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of broad and progressively responsible finance and accounting experience, including five (5) years of management responsibility.
Additional Application Instructions
The closing date for this recruitment is November 15, 2021, at midnight. To be considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume and a list of six professional references to email@example.com. This is a confidential recruitment and will be handled accordingly throughout the various stages of the process. Candidates should be aware that references will not be contacted until mutual interest has been established.