Controller Town of Leesburg Regular Full-Time Finance $79,227-$135,636 DOQ Closing Date: Open until filled
Do you want to apply your expertise for a cause you can feel good about? Do you want to work for an organization that wants you to grow with it and offers tuition reimbursement, certification training, and a chance to learn about multiple industries? Come work for the Town of Leesburg, hometown of the 21st century. Located 35 miles west of the nation's capital in the heart of DC's Wine Country, you'll enjoy a vibrant and authentic community with "big city" amenities. The Town of Leesburg strongly encourages innovation, promotes career development, and offers excellent benefits to employees. Benefits include membership to the Town's full-service recreation center, telecommuting and flexible scheduling, enrollment into the Virginia Retirement System, excellent healthcare insurance, and other fringe benefits.
Who We're Looking For If you identify with the following descriptions, then you may be perfect for the Town of Leesburg:
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive self-starter
- Life-long learner
- Strong team player
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Effective communicator
- Desire to impart knowledge to others
- "Early adopter" of new technologies
What You'll Be Doing:
- This is professional and supervisory work assisting the Director of Finance and Administrative Services in overseeing the accounting division. This includes overseeing all Town payrolls, accounts payable and coordinating the Town’s centralized accounting system and the accounting systems of other departments. Work involves maintaining the Town’s general ledger and preparing the Town’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- CPA with BA/BS Degree in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience; ten (10) years increasingly responsible experience in accounting with three (3) years of professional supervisory experience; experience with automated accounting systems; excellent organization and communication skills and customer service skills.
- Please visit www.leesburgva.gov/jobs for more information and to apply online. Resumes may be submitted as supplemental only. EOE/ADA.