INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES through community
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
CHIEF HOSPITAL ACCOUNTANT
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Chief Hospital Accountant for our Accounting Department. Under direction, the incumbent provides technical support to the Hospital Controller at Natividad in the development, implementation and maintenance of Natividad's general accounting system; prepares financial reports; designs financial controls for the institution; and does other work as required.
- Experience: Four years of accounting experience, two years of which were in an acute care hospital performing a full range of professional accounting duties.
- Education & Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting or a closely related field;
Thorough knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of hospital and healthcare budgeting and financial management
- Laws, rules and regulations influencing medical center fiscal operations, including MediCal and MediCare requirements; GAAP, OCBOA, OSHPD reporting and government program accounting
- Accounting principles, theories, concepts and their practical applications to medical center operations in general and to cost accounting and cost recovery in specific
- Automated systems related to Clinical Services, Operations and Support Services of an acute care hospital. (i.e., MEDITECH)
- Principles of mathematical and statistical analysis, preparation and presentation
- The uses of standard computer-based business applications
- Financial modeling
For more information or to request application materials, contact Natividad, Human Resources Department, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas, CA 93906, (831) 783-2700, or apply at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/