For complete job posting and to apply, visit www.cob.org or click the URL below.
**The City of Bellingham is accepting applications for Accounting Manager. Review of materials is ongoing and will continue until position is filled. For first consideration, apply no later than 4:30 PM Friday, June 14, 2019. Telephone interviews will be held for the most qualified applicants on or around June 28, 2019. The position may be closed at any time following the first review.**
The scope of this position is to provide direction and oversight to the City's accounting, financial reporting and internal control functions. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining City-wide accounting systems and procedures and the training of City staff in their use. The Accounting Manager produces the City's Annual Financial Report and manages the annual audit process. Additionally, the position functions as a consultant to City departments.
Work is performed in an office environment. Works extensively at a computer work station.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree in business (preferably accounting or finance) required.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible accounting or finance experience required.
- Minimum of two years supervisory or management experience in the accounting or finance fields required.
- Strong knowledge of computerized accounting procedures and spreadsheet/database applications required.
- CPA or other professional accounting designation desired.
- Experience in a governmental environment preferred.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
•Employment contingent upon passing a criminal conviction and local background check.